Frequently Asked Questions
How can I register my BarbeCURE?
Register here to get your fundraising page set up, invite your friends and then share with your friends and family so they can support you!
How do I organise a BarbeCURE?
It's easy to host a BarbeCURE. Just invite your friends, family or colleagues, turn on your BBQ and ask them to donate. Check out our useful host pack and checklist to find out more.
Where does my money go?
All funds raised for this years BarbeCURE will go to fund Dr Laurence Cheung’s vital work in childhood leukaemia. Find out more about Dr Laurence Cheung and his work here
Who can register?
Anyone can register to have a BarbeCURE. You can register as individuals or teams here . Or you can vote for your favourite Team Meat or Team Veg.
When can I register?
You can register your BarbeCURE any time between now and March 30.
When can I do my BarbeCURE and start fundraising?
As soon as you register your BarbeCURE and set-up your personal page. Fundraising will stay open until 30 March 2022, so you will have plenty of time to achieve your goal.
What should I cook at my BarbeCURE?
Are you Team Meat or Team Veg, or somewhere in between? Whatever you want to put on your BarbeCURE this summer we have a range of healthy BBQ recipes to inspire you. Check out our healthy recipes here
Are there any tools I can use to promote my BarbeCURE?
Yes, we have a host of resources you can use to help you plan your event and share it with your friends, family or colleagues. Find them here
Can my company get involved?
Yes any one can take part in BarbeCURE. Our friendly fundraising team are here to help you to set up your BarbeCURE and fundraise along the way. Just register your company and we will give you a call. Or call our Corporate Partnership team on at email@example.com or call us at 02 8072 6110.
Can my school or daycare get involved?
How do I fundraise successfully at my BarbeCURE?
Here are our top tips for getting the most out of your fundraising:
- Personalise your fundraising page - Add a photo and tell people why you are raising money for the BarbeCURE – having a photo makes your page 23% more engaging, and a page summary makes it 36% more engaging!
- Aim high with your fundraising goal – The sky is the limit! Aim high when you set up your fundraising goal and don’t be afraid to increase it. This will motivate you to work hard for your goal, and you’ll likely end up doing better than you originally thought. It also encourages people to give more - pages with a fundraising goal raise 46% more than those without!
- Share your fundraising page – Share your page with all your friends, family and colleagues across social media, email and across your networks. The more you share, the more people engage with your goal, and the more likely you are to reach it.
- Send reminders by e-mail– it’s a good idea to send reminders to keep your fundraising in the front of people’s minds, and sending emails means you can engage with people that aren’t on social media.
- Keep your supporters updated on your progress and encourage others – your family, friends and colleagues will be inspired to support you when they see how hard you are working. You may even convince them to take part in BarbeCURE themselves and choose their side of the grill!
- Thank everyone who has supported you - let your supporters know that their donation has been noticed and appreciated. You can thank your supporters by email, social media or via your fundraising page and get them involved in the debate @curecancerau #teammeat #teamveg
- It’s not over until it’s over – About 20% of donations come in after an event has ended. Make sure you follow up after your BarbeCURE with an update about how you did.
Click for more fundraising tips here
Are there any Covid safety guidelines around having a BBQ?
Cure Cancer are following the latest Government guidelines to keep our community safe when they host a BarbeCURE. Please ensure that you stay up to date and comply with the latest COVID-19 guidelines in your area. Check the department of health website in your state for the most up to date information.
I can't find an answer to my question here, who do I contact?
Have a question that you can’t find an answer to? Our friendly fundraising team are here to help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 02 8072 6110
Barbeques and your health